This Information Charter sets out the standards that you can expect from us when we request or hold your personal information; how you can get access to your personal data; and what you can do if you do not think that standards are being met.
There are very few occasions where will intend to collect your personal data.
When we need to handle personal information about you to provide services for you, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need the information
- to avoid collecting irrelevant information
- to protect your information and make sure only relevant people have access to it
- to let you know if we share your information with other organisations - and where possible to give you the option of saying no
- to make sure we only keep your information as long as necessary
- not to make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes to the information provided, such as a new address
This will help us to keep your information accurate and up- to-date.
The Data Protection Act
Under the Data Protection Act, we have a legal duty to protect any information we collect from you. We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We do not pass on your details to any third party or other government department.
Changes to our policy
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information